maandag 9 maart 2009

ConundromCd

I thought it might be a good idea to make a bit of a clear list of the ConundromCd's sofar.
So here we go:

0
Zilch
This was "released" in '98.
It was a trio with me and Han Bennink and Wilbert de Joode in Utrecht. Nobody showed up but we played a set anyway (for the people working there). It was recorded quite badly because I forgot my datmachine and we used a simple cassettedeck instead. The recording levels where way off so the whole thing is rather distorted. 
This one is OOP.

1
DJ Cor Blimey and his pigeon: "10 songs in 62 minutes and 23 seconds".
1999, being sick of all this fuss about 2000 coming up I wanted to release it in the last millenium. 500 made, so plenty cds (not cdrs) left still.
The concept was a combination of 3 things for every song: one of my keyboards, a sample from some easy listening tune and a spoken word LP. It was kind of a joke towards all this DJ crapp stuff I heared all the time. It's also about numbers and there is a complicated code all through the cd.....
I'm still happy with track 4 being a long unedited keyolin solo (I only just build it then) on top of some indian music samples..

2
Whistlelight
Here the "real" cdr series start. Me on EMS Synthi AKS, just analogue electronics.

3
Rowe/Fuhler
A duo with me on acoustic piano and Keith Rowe on guitar/electronics.

4
Slee
Solo on acoustic piano, focussing on the keys this time.
A kind of study in speed and sleep.
Brian Olewnick wrote a nice write up of this one and number 3 at Bagatellen + some reactions from me which you can read here.

5
TCOD (the Condition of dreaming)
A solo but dubbed in recording on keyolin, prepared cymbalom and transistor organ.
I made this in the same perdiod as above, so it's part of the same study. And I added a study in springreverbs: 2 Springs attatched to the bridge of the keyolin, the internal springreverb of the organ (a Dakota, with the most beatifull springreverb I have ever come across) and the cymbalom going trough an external spring reverb box.

6
CRAX
 A live concert with me on piano (+ some primitive amplifiaction and preparations with various speakers inside the piano), Axel Dörner - slide trumpet and Clare Cooper - harp.
For me this was a study in changing roles, either you are the lightperson in a theatre show or the actor/actress.

Het Kabinet
A kind of  freakshow, 7 insruments that do not have a history together at all. An experiment.
I wrote something here.

8
Wenen
Solo on piano, trying to combine the feedback piano with various vibrating machines etc, all within a acoustic domain.
I wrote somehting here.
Our good friend Richard Pinnell wrote something here, and our good friend Brian Olewnick wrote something here.


They can be obtained at my concerts (if I didn't forget them, so if you're interested, please email me beforehand to make sure) or at Erstdist.

Going to France in a couple of days, looking forward to seeing a few nice concerts and museums in Paris!




Geen opmerkingen: